Saturday, June 20, 2009

New EXCLUSIVE Parade Shoot...

Thanks So Much To FANGAP.COM For The Exclusive News! Thanks A lot! 'I’m on constant ‘mole patrol,’ ” jokes Selena Gomez’s mother, Mandy. After seeing scandalous photos of other teen stars, she is determined that 16-year-old Selena will never show too much skin. The guide is a mole on her daughter’s chest that signals when a top hits the “danger—too sexy” point. But Selena seems unlikely to slip up. She’s all too aware that, as a star of the Disney Channel series Wizards of Waverly Place and of the new Disney TV movie Princess Protection Program, she has to set a good example for kids. “I think that it’s part of the job where you turn into a role model,” she says. “It’s not something I aimed toward. But now that it’s kind of a title, I do embrace it, because it’s very sweet to have little girls have posters and T-shirts of you.“I’m only a teenager,” she continues. “I’m also going to make mistakes.” Selena giggles. “But I’ll try to keep those mistakes to myself.”Raised in Grand Prairie, Tex., she was named after the Mexican-American singer Selena and won a role on TV’s Barney & Friends at 7. Five years later, she was spotted in a Disney talent search and given small parts on The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and Hannah Montana. In 2007, she became a lead on Wizards of Waverly Place, playing the daughter in a family with magical powers. To her fans, Selena is as well-known for her rumored offscreen roles: ex-girlfriend of Nick Jonas (the youngest in the Jonas Brothers band) and current girlfriend of actor Taylor Lautner of the film Twilight. But while she declares, “I love talking about boys,” she won’t confirm or deny those relationships. “I used to worry about it, but I decided that it’s wrong not to go out to eat with friends or to the movies, because people might see me.” She adds: “It’s exhausting to shield yourself all the time. Still, it seems that boyfriends are all people care about when they write about me.”Boyfriends are part of the plot of Princess Protection Program, in which she co-stars with her real-life best friend, Demi Lovato. “It’s about fitting in and doing the right thing. But, more important, it’s about friendships,” Selena says. “It’s good to have a girl-empowering movie that’s fun.”She and Demi have bonded over being stars at such a young age. “On tour and on our shows, we are forced to be mature,” she says. “So when we get together, we’re able to be 16. We have sleep overs and do each other’s hair and makeup and all that stuff.” Selena admits that fame doesn’t stop her from experiencing the same problems and fears common to all girls her age. “When I have down moments, it’s more about me missing home and my family in Texas,” she says. “When I have those days where I kind of break down a little bit, I just like to be by myself.”In general, Selena is so poised and level-headed that I have to ask, Does anything make her angry? She laughs. “I like debating, and I want to be right, so I can drag out a discussion for hours. I tell people, ‘Remember, I’m Mexican and Italian, so don’t make me mad.’ ” Another pet peeve: “It irritates me when people think I live such a special life and that I’m spoiled. I’m an only child, but my grandmother babysat 13 kids at once, so I grew up with a bunch of kids around me. I had lunch at Subway today. My favorite food is fried pickles at Hooters.“I hate it when people don’t bother to say ‘please’ and ‘thank you,’” Selena adds. “I’ve met the nicest people in L.A., but I’ve also met the meanest.”Wrapping up the list of what bugs her, how does she feel about being called “the next Miley Cyrus”?“I don’t get mad about that anymore. It kind of comes with the territory. I know there’s never ‘the next.’ You’re your own person. I’m not here to be ‘the next.’ I’m here just to be Selena. That’s it!”

Added a new photoshot. Check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment